Hello From the Other Side

Started by Arceus at Apr 11, 2021 at 1:47 pm
1 Post

Arceus

codemancer

Admin

31Years Young
130 Posts

They don't think that I listen, oh but I know who they are.

At least I can say that I've tried~ to tell you I'm sorry~ for everything that I've done~

Okay, anyway. So hello, I'm called Arceus but my name's Kendra. You can call me Arceus, Arc, Ken, Kenny, however else you can think of to butcher those idc. Technically I'm gender fluid, so I tend to use they/them, as I don't expect anyone to be able to guess my pronouns at any given time, but whichever gendered variant you want to use for me is probably fine, too. I live in the Midwest USA with my dad, his girlfriend, and my S.O., and our little village of pets (five dogs, three cats, a hamster, several fish), and I'm in my thirties.

This whole thing started when I created Vesta, originally called Gaia, and before that it was just a modified version of SMF. The journey to get to Vesta was started in mid-2015, and I spent a long time fussing with varying arrangements and ways of doing things before I settled on a definite direction in 2019, and finally managed to release a working alpha, which went onto being a working beta, and then a released version. It then underwent a rebrand as it was being frequently confused with Gaia Online (I should've seen that coming), and now we're here.

This site started as the support site for Vesta, but I decided I wanted to expand its offerings as a way of attracting more people to the platform and helping spread the word that it exists. To that end, we sort of double as a resource site now and I hope to build a great community around it.

My favourite colour changes depending on my mood. I like most colours. I'm goth af (chains and black lipstick and everything). You might be able to tell from my last name, but I'm Mexican-Samoan-Latvian, primarily? I think? But I have little slivers of a lot of other things. You know when the dog DNA tests return "Mutt" because it's so mixed up they can't tell what it is? Yeah. I may have enough Native American to qualify for tribe membership, but 1, idk which tribe for sure it is, and 2, it's hard to prove.

Anyway, I have very eclectic music tastes, and my childhood dream has always been to become a novelist (not to code, but okay). xD I look forward to getting to know everyone around the site and I hope everyone enjoys their time here!

Check out my writing blog! All of my fanfiction and eventually my original stories are published here.