Mori needs help

Started by dragonborn at Jun 15, 2021 at 7:49 pm
3 Posts

dragonborn

we must stop killing each other

Client

30Years Young
6 Posts

That which does not kill me, had better run; because now I'm pissed.

prolly not gonna be a full review but jst some first impression things. sorry for my bad english.

these colors are... not attractive. somehow all the box shadows and the colors manage to make it look kind of ... tf is the word. rudimentary? idk i dont know enough english i think. like something made in the 90s. dated i guess? i find using a neutral base color and then accent colors makes it look more polished and is nicer on the eyes.

personally the board layout is a little too wide for me. id also stick ur background image so it doesnt move its distracting af.

u and ur co seem to have a huge number of characters and for the life of me i cant understand why. a good number of which suck up a fc i or someone i know uses, and i know ppl that wont join a site if their fc isnt open, so that's probably contributing. maybe not sthn u can do anything abt but.

ur site also sounds a lot like it wants to be original but isnt divorced from smt enough to pull it off. id suspect the ppl u want are in the smt fandom, but ur not marketing as smt and arent getting their attention. maybe not sthn u can do anything about either.

at least half of ur posts or close seem to be comm threads. thats fine but i dont play that way, and its probably not very attractive to others that dont play that way. u might wanna consider marketing as a rapid-fire in this particular case.

like i said, jst some first impression things that might be standing in your way.

english is my third language and i speak plainly. this can sound blunt and harsh. im not attacking u i just dont have the vocabulary for w.e conversation we're having.

dragonborn

we must stop killing each other

Client

30Years Young
6 Posts

That which does not kill me, had better run; because now I'm pissed.

nope, not bitter, was jst answering ur question. u asked for what turns ppl off, heres why i think ppl wouldnt be joining and what turns me off. i also did mention its a first impressions, not a full review. i didnt dig into it past the surface, as many of those that first pop onto ur site wont if they're turned off by any of what i mentioned. if u find u dont want to change anything then thats fine. but i dont think u'll find ur site suddenly starts doing any better, either. could jst be there's nobody actively looking for a site that'd be interested in ur site rn. that happens too. but, some sites are jst small. there is no magic bullet for stuff like this.

cyberpunk is defined as futuristic dystopia. i dont think 80s when i think futuristic dystopia.

vesta comes w the board width switcher. maybe im not using the right english word for it, where the board changes from taking up the whole space to stacking side by side. and given arc doesnt run ur site i dont think ur site's width is their problem.

limiting fc choices sometimes limits ppl's character options too, bc there are players that can't mentally disconnect a fc from a character. if that character's fc is taken, they either change it and that character comes out weird, or they find a different or new character to play. and there are some that dont interact w media v much and dont have any alternatives and dont know how to find them. not requiring fcs helps some, but its usually not v fun to be that one guy using a chair avatar in a sea of actual faces. for some ppl this makes joining ur site harder than jst making a character and writing sthn. its not necessarily petty, sometimes its jst how their brain works, so i wanted to mention that specifically bc that came off really unfair. some ppl dont work like u. that doesnt make them petty. id have figured u of all ppl would understand this one.

theres also that w so much of the board plot revolving around u two, it can lead to a lot of befuddlement and concern abt how to fit a new character into things. it can feel a lot like a private site someone accidentally stumbled into when the site is dominated by two ppl like this. nobody wants to feel like an afterthought or a side bar on a site they joined to have fun, nor spend a crazy amt of time trynna figure out how to fit themselves into a new site.

btw, if u dont actually want ppl's opinions dont ask for them. how about this, dont waste ur time trynna appeal to ppl u clearly dont even want anyway, cause u may have to totally change how u play to get them. ask ur players what they think and what theyd like to see and learn to find a small site comfortable instead of concerning.

english is my third language and i speak plainly. this can sound blunt and harsh. im not attacking u i just dont have the vocabulary for w.e conversation we're having.

Zozma

Trash Mammal

Client

37Years Young
40 Posts

Yeah, no.

Just archive or delete this. I'm done asking for help that comes in thinly veiled insults.

user posted image user posted image