Go To Plots!

Started by Zozma at Aug 05, 2021 at 4:20 pm
1 Post

Zozma

Trash Mammal

Client

37Years Young
41 Posts

What are your favorite "go to" plots? Like your favorite tales to tell? What gets your imagination going?

I tend to have a huge soft spot for the childhood friend pining for their bff romantically with a slow burn romance (or even unrequited!). That's like my first go to for romance. I also like rivals to lovers.

More favorites are just close friends without romance, or just groups altogether. I love the whole "cast" dynamic, especially since the days of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. I love mercenary groups and such, things like that. Family, too. I don't know why but I love playing dads. Haha! Let me dad it up!

Occasionally, I see a dynamic in media or get an idea from music that I really get a craving to play. I don't do canons anymore because they're restrictive to me and I tend to get weird about other people's portrayals being "wrong" so I prefer to take things I really like and using the dynamic instead of using actual canons. So say I really like the dynamic of Daria/Trent and want to play something like it, I would say "Hey I want something like this" and then it would kinda start off with the idea but morph into its own thing after RPing them. I love seeing where things go from the idea stage into the actual playing stage!

user posted image user posted image